Day 3, The New Location

Day 2 Visit to Sitio De Mata

 

Jake

Hi mom, hi dad!! Today we traveled long and far to the village. There were a bunch of amazing and extremely welcoming people, and made us feel at home. After that we took a tour around the village and saw some orchid farms. Dad you would have liked it because it felt like a secret place a little bit. It was kind of like a mini jungle. We then played soccer with some ticos and took a cooking class where we made many delicious things. I will send you a picture. We are now in a new hotel which is very nice and peaceful. Many individuals come here to bird watch. We have seen a lot of birds so far here. There is a phrase called PuraVida which means pure life. I hope you are having that with me gone or as much as you possibly can, so PURA VIDA!!! 

 

Clay

Hello all. Today was also really fun! We met Tom, who’s insane, but he’s also pretty fun. We played soccer, and while we were there a dog peed on my jacket. The dog was cute though so I forgive him. We learned how to cook Costa Rican food, learned about some new fruit, and at dinner everyone made jokes in good spirit about my hair (I’ll get ‘em back eventually). Hope you’re all having fun back at Connecticut!

Sincerely, Clay 

 

Quincy

Hi Ma, Hi Dad!! I miss you guys so much right now. Today we had a 3 hours and some change bus ride to a small community. Today we had a great lunch consisting of rice, potato’s, chicken, and etc. We then took a walk around the village and saw a huge garden full of plants. Dad I also met a new person he’s like uncle ty ty cool and crazy. We then played soccer and my team won even though it doesn’t matter (yes it does). After soccer, all the moms in the village gave us a cooking class where we made empanadas, tortillas, and pancakes. Tomorrow we go back to do community services and later have a fiesta. I love you and talk to you later. Tell all my siblings I said hello. 

 

Ms. Picard- 

I scored a goal to help make the win.

 

Forest

Hi, mom! Today we traveled about 3:30 hours to the village. When we got there, we said hello to all of the wonderful people there and walked around the town a little bit. We were also able to play some soccer with some of the ticosWe also took a cooking class which I took some notes and recorded to be able to recreate at home!! We are staying in a hotel where many come to bird watch so I am able to see flocks of birds flying in the sky. Tomorrow is our day of community service so we will be getting to the village by 9:30 to be able to paint and possibly construct some stuff. Pura Vida!

Love you,

Forest

 

James:

Hi mom and Dad. Today we got to go to another community. There we played soccer and we also did some cooking. During dinner we also had lots of fun making jokes with each other. I love and miss you, bye.

 

Walker:

Hola mi familia. Today we went to the community to play soccer with some of the Tikos. We mixed teams and played a mini soccer game. It was pretty lit. Then we went to the hotel and swam. See ya soon!

 

 

Bella:

Hola! Today we went to the community for a cooking lesson! We learned how to make empenadas and they were SUPER good. We also saw lots of dogs and cats and one of the dogs peed on Clays jacket! Although I am not feeling well I am still having a good time! Love you all! Send more pics of my pets!

Comments

  1. Walker, I love the pics of you cooking! It looks like you all had an amazing day! Love you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi James you are a jokester. Hope you can remember some of the ingredients from your meals so we can duplicate them at home. I'm glad you're having fun. Have a good nice rest. Love you, Dad.

    P.S. Thank you for the fathers' day card. I like it very much. Thank you, Thank you. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey have you guys and gals been speaking any spanish over there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey kiddo, we're missing you and reminiscing about when you were younger. CC came by today. She wanted you to know how proud she is of you and all the wonderful things you've been doing. Grandma says she miss making you bacon and pancakes. :) I've shared many of pics with Auntie Deb and CC. Auntie said, "look at my little man". Continue to take it all in and enjoy yourself. Miss you more than you know. Love you kiddo, mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bella - hope you are feeling better. Thank you for the picture of the sloth. I showed Giana last night and she wants to hear all about your trip. Love you and miss you. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola Jake. Ahhh....you are living Pura Vida....just what we were hoping for! When you made the comment wondering if we were living Pura Vida here...it made me want to have an existential conversation with you about life! Is Pura Vida an opportunity, a life style or a mindset? :)

    Birds! Poppy would be so jealous. He has spent many hours bird watching to try and see rare or interesting birds. I bet you are seeing some! I have to say that frog with the red eyes was a bit creepy!

    I'm going to Nana/Poppy's today to see Poppy for Father's Day. Yesterday Dad and I went to see Grandpa. He's doing ok. We talked about your trip with him and took him for a walk outside.

    Oliver is wondering where the heck you are. You are really his person. We've been being extra nice to him because we know he doesn't understand that you are just trying to get your Pura Vida on....
    Please let me know what ingredients I need to buy at the grocery store so you can make us a big typical Costa Rican dinner when you get back. Share the Pura Vida!

    Love you to the moon and back, Pluto and back, and then infinity.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Forest! What a day! Soccer, food & flowers!!!!!! The days just keep getting better and better. I can only imagine the orchid's must have been beautiful. Did you see any that smelled like chocolate?
    I'm psyched to hear that you also had a cooking lesson and took notes! It looked like the table you worked on was similar to dad's artwork..... I was so jealous and wished I could have been there. You will have to recreate them when you get back.
    Bella dog is driving me crazy looking for you, so I finally put down one of your coats and she has finally settled down a bit.
    Yesterday a crazy turkey came flying into the back yard and landed feet away from me. I thought he was going to land on my head. It's just hanging around so I wonder if its nest is nearby.
    Enjoy your day at the village, work hard and then play hard at the fiesta afterward. I love and miss you so much. It makes my heart happy to know you and your friends are part of an amazing experience. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, hola, como estas Jake!! I continue to impress you with my outstanding Spanish abilities! So happy to see all the fun things you're doing. You're right, I would have loved the organic farm. Seeing local farms and villages is always so interesting in these countries. It does remind me of our trip to Ecuador. We wanted so bad to see a sloth too and now you have. I was told there is a place in Costa Rica that allows you to hug sloths! May be a looooong hug! I wish I could have seen the "secret" jungle you mentioned, as well as meet that guy you said reminded you of me. Hope this hotel is nice and peaceful for you all. We saw pics of it online and it looks very nice. So continue to keep us posted and can't wait for more blogs and pics. We (including Oliver) love you SO much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Forest,

    What a busy day you had. All of it looks like fun. Gramp and I are anxious for you to cook us an authentic Costa Rican meal. Work hard today in the community and then I'm sure you will enjoy the fiesta. We have printed out a map of Costa Rico and are following your travels. Hi to Luigi. See you soon. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see you! Looks like you are very busy with activities, learn as much as you can. Remember to take notes so you can be the reporter. Love you my son!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now you showing your painting skills.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi clay, We miss you so much! I can't believe that a dog peed on your jacket - all I can say is that you know red heads are considered to be very good luck in some countries so good on you mate! consider yourself loved by a Pura Vida doggie! I remember seeing a Tasmanian Devil when I was living in Australia (look that up!) interesting creatures! We are so very proud if you - have fun, and keep track of all of the wonders you discover there so you can share them with us in detail when you get home. Love you so much buddy! Mom - (ps - Dad LOVED his father's day call today made his day!!!!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Walkie walks!! We so loved getting a call from you this morning. Dad loved the start to his Father’s Day! We’re just looking at the videos of all the dancing and loving them! Can’t wait to hear what the costumes are all about. It looks like you all had a lot of fun! We miss you and send lots of love. Can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Experiences by Kids, Beach Patrol

Experiences by the Kids Day 4 Sitio de Mata Service and Fiesta