Day 2 Experiences by the Kids

Day 2 Zip Lining, Arenal and the Farm!

 

Bella:

Helloooo! Today we went zip lining and it was amazing! We were up so high I felt like I was going to die. Anyways, we later went to a local farm to lean about the different products here. I can’t resmemberwhat it was called but there was a a little thing that grows on trees and the seeds inside give off a beightred pigment. We used the pigment to paint on Walkers face which was hilarious, of course I didn’t look any better. Lastly we saw a SLOTH!!!! Hopefully when I get home I will hav the YMCA parody Sloth Man done. Love yall! 

 

Walker:

Hello parental units. Today was very eventful and fun.  Stuff is cheaper in the beautiful village of La Fortuna.  We saw a sloth while at the farm of Don Juan.  It was lovely and very cute.  I just got through swimming and watching animal planet.  I also saw a toucan and followed leaf cutter ant tracks.  Love you and will talk to you soon.

 

 

Clay

Today was a great day. I bought a monkey key-chain for 7 bucks, ate some leaves, went zip-lining, saw a sloth and an iguana, and walked around La Fortuna, which is a really cool place. Also Luigi says to tell everyone he’s the best. He dresses like a college boy though. Hope you’re managing without me, and I hope the week with Parker reminds you of how much better a son I am.

Sincerely, Clay

P.S: Luigi’s the best.

 

Forrest-

Hi mom, I had a great day today! We went zip lining, on 7 different wires making our way down a mountain. We walked around town and had a great time. We were also able to see a sloth at a farm that we when to and toured around. I was also told to mention one of our tour guides as a theme throughout all of the comments so… Luigi is the best!!

Love your son,

Forest

 

 

 

 

 

 

Quincy

Hi ma, Hey dad, today I had lots of fun I went on seven zip lines and only closed my eyes one of them. I don’t regret doing because I had tons of fun and I get to go again later in the week. We even went shopping today and I got some great things. Ma I got you a bracelet and dad I know you didn’t want anything but I got you something. Now where getting ready to swim. I love both of you and talk to you later bye.

 

 

 

James

Hi mom and dad. We did go to the zip lining place but I didn’t go. Although I do plan to go on the smaller zip lines next week. We also got to go souvenir shopping and I bought some turtles with colorful shells. I also got something for the two of you. I miss and love you guys, bye. 

 

 

 

Jake

Hi mom hi dad, today I participated in the Zip lining. It was extremely entertaining and fun. We then had lunch and shopped around in the square. I got some souvenirs, maybe for you maybe not, (wink). We then went to an organic farm which was fun, and learned about plants and food. All of which was organic, kind of like the one in Ecuador. Dad would have enjoyed the organic part of it. Hope all is well, I miss you and love so much!! See you next blog!!

 

 

Comments

  1. Forest, my son, you can check sloth off your bucket list! I hope you are taking lots of pictures.
    You should ask Luigi,the best, about a big soccer game that's taking place somewhere in CR. (Grandpa wanted me to tell you that.)
    It sounds like your days have been full and are able to see CR up close. Can you write a bit more... everyone at home is asking for you and wanting details!
    Did you try any new food that were grown on the farm? I'm making strawberry jam and picking garlic scapes today. I'll miss your help in the garden.
    I think you are off to the Village today.....look up at the sky tonight, I bet you'll see so many more stars. Safe travels and know how proud I am of you. I LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hi mom! I'm making sure to take a lot of pictures!! All of the food on the farm was edible so I got to try a bunch of tropical fruits and things like that. We also saw a tucan while we were there. How is are garlic supply this year? I am mentally preparing myself for a 5 hour bus ride today but will hopefully entertain myself enough. Talk to you later!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jake! We are so enjoying your updates and everyone else's as well! Hello from Jake's mom and dad to all! It sounds like you might have a soccer game today. That reminded me of last June when you played with Chewy in Ecuador. That too was a special day! I looked up a video of the zip line you went on. OMG. Seriously dude? What? You are wicked brave. Have you been brave enough to try to use some of your Spanish? :) I'm wondering if I sent you with enough money....bring me back something that has to do with turtles. If you don't have enough money, tell Mr. Sailor to lend you some and I'll pay him back with 5% interest! :) Love you and miss you crazy style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey mom! First off you sent me with more than enough money in my opinion, second I might have already gotten you something to do with sea turtles before you posted this on the blog. The zip line WAS extremely fun, and it would be cool if you could go on it as well one time! The sloth we saw was very cute as well and I wish you and dad could have seen him in person. I am excited for the soccer game, even though I am not good at soccer. Ha! :) Has Oliver used the mat again? Does he miss me? Love you and Dad more than anything!!

      Delete
  3. It must of been high up there, you'll get another chance to go. I'm glad you're having fun tho, have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey James, always be open to new things so I'm glad to hear you're willing to try zip lining next week. I'm glad you're embracing this wonderful opportunity. Have fun and enjoy yourself. If you get an opportunity, don't forget to pick up little something for grandma. She would love that. She's missing you hanging out downstairs. We miss you dearly bud. Love you much, mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Forest, its Gram and Gramp. It's so great to read your comments every day. We are looking forward to more of them. Sounds like a great time had by all. What a great adventure!! Looks like there will be a soccer match with Costa Rica's national team on Wednesday. This is for the Copo Oro Gold Cup 2019. You know Gramp will be watching this and thinking of you the whole time. I bet Luigi can tell you more. Enjoy yourself, be safe and a happy day to all of you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gang, Wow! A sloth and zip lining all in one day how tremendous! It doesn't get much better than that! It's been such a joy following all of you and seeing your smiling faces! Clay, we all miss you - Max and Mia are confused and wondering where you are:-) So proud of you for trying new foods and adventures! I'm sure you and Jake are being great mentors being the senior guys on the trip! Have fun, live large and enjoy every minute! Love, Mom xo ps - Aidan Namkoong is over with Parker (spent the night) and Aidan went on this trip two years ago - he is GREEN with envy seeing all of these pictures and wishing he could be there again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 5 hr bus ride, could of used some video games

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3, The New Location

Experiences by Kids, Beach Patrol

Experiences by the Kids Day 4 Sitio de Mata Service and Fiesta