Experiences by the Kids Day 4 Sitio de Mata Service and Fiesta

Day 4 Sitio Service and Fiesta

 

Clay: 

Yesterday was probably my favorite day so far. The Fiesta was incredible, and all the people were so welcoming! We had a bunch of fun painting the poles, and we all learned at the Fiesta how Walker is such a lady’s man! Also, after leaving the Fiesta, I no joke cried a little, since in all likelihood I would never see these people again as I won’t be able to go on the trip in the future. Also, as I’m writing this, it’s the halfway point for the trip, and I think it’s pretty likely that the Fiesta will be my fondest memory of the trip.

 

Walker

Me and the boys + Bella worked on cleaning and painting light posts around the community. At the fiesta I hit the woah. I taught a bunch of other people how to hit the woah in the community too. Then we danced to music, and they had some LOOOOOONG songs. They also did Gangnam style which was outdated but LIT. Pura Vida, am I right?

 

James:

Hi mom and dad on the day of the Fiesta we did some community service early on in the day. Also after lunch we had a popcorn tournament on a trampoline and I won. Popcorn is a game played by someone laying in the middle of the trampoline and curls themselves into a ball and holds that position. Everybody else on the trampoline is jumping and trying to make them break that position. The fiesta was also fun to we got to see some traditional Costa Rican dances. I love and miss you, bye. 

 

Forest

Hi mom! Yesterday we worked on cleaning and painting some light posts in the village. I worked on two of them, painting the background for one and doing the foreground in the other. The kids from the village also helped out in painting and decorating the poles. During the fiesta, there were many dances. Some from the history of Costa Rica as well as some newer dances performed by the kids. They were very inclusive in their dances, dragging us up on stage during most of the performances. Thinking back on what we have done so far has gotten me to realize that the trip has flown by. Today is the halfway point already!! I have had such an amazing journey so far and can’t wait to see what the rest of the trip brings.

 

Jake

Hi mom and dad. Yesterday we participated in community service for the village. We first cleaned off poles with many different brushes, then we painted them with individual special designs on each of the poles. We were divided into groups to work on this project. We then had an amazing lunch and went back to the hotel. A while later we went to the fiesta where we watched many dances and even went in some of them. Everyone was extraordinarily kind and nice, while making us feel welcome. I can’t believe that we are already 5 days into the trip, which is HALFWAY!! Even though today is a travel day. Tomorrow is Sea turtles, snorkeling, and surfing. I cannot wait to see what the rest of the trip has for us, and PURA VIDA!

 

 

Bella:

Sup peeps! Yesterday we painted light posts in the village after cleaning them. I got to desin our post and we meant to pain a tree but it kinda looked like coral so instead we painted fish around it. After that we wnt to the hotel to chill out and I decided to rest in my room instead of go to the pool. You already know what I did later. Today is just a day for travel so I can just rest. Lastly, Quincy and Jake have bacterial infections in their throats too! The doctor said I could have spread mine to them. Its nice how we can share theses infectious moments with each other. Anyhow, I will call or text you later. Byee I love youu alllll!!!

 

Quincy:

Hello Mom and Dad! Yesterday we did community service in a village in Sitio de mata. What we did was clean light poles then paint on them. My group painted a light pole green the kids from the community decided that they wanted to paint a toucan on it. While we waited for the paint to dry we went to go have lunch at one of the mom’s houses that live in the community. We had pasta and salad, after we played popcorn on the trampoline where I almost hit my head on a spring but saved myself. When we got back we got to work on the toucans and in about half in hour it was down. After we came back to the hotel to get ready for the fiesta. The fiesta was very fun there was a lot of dancing and performing. Today is a travel where we be going to the Caribbean coast and tomorrow will be surfing, snorkeling, and watching sea turtles. I will call both of you later to discuss how I’m feeling, I love you bye.

 

Comments

  1. Forest, just reading your post now. I'm thrilled your trip is going so well. Can't wait to see some new dance moves. I hope New Hartford won't be too boring for you when you get back. Looks like we will have to book another trip to CS.....
    Hope you stay healthy and hope the others feel better soon.
    Sending you all my love! I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey kiddo (James), it sounds like you're having a blast and learning new things in the process. I'm so glad you're getting so much out of your trip. We miss you dearly but keep enjoying all the new things that come your way. Love you and miss you more than you know, mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Walker!! I can't believe that, of all the community service things you could do, you got to paint poles!! With your collection of poles and naming of poles, I hope you were able to add a lot to the work. And I hope that you got some pictures and came up with some good names for these new poles. It was fun catching glimpses of you dancing and hitting the woah, and teaching other people how to hit the woah. I'm interested to hear that you're a lady's man...I didn't catch that in the photos! I look forward to hearing more about that when you get home! : ) . I hear that some of your fellow travelers aren't feeling well, and I hope that they're on the mend soon. I think you're going to be at the Outdoor Center tonight...that place looks amazing and totally up your alley! Can't wait to hear all about it. Love you so much, Mom . PS. We've covered up Fredericka's nest with a wire frame and put a rock on it. Hopefully her eggs will be safe there and we'll see some new born baby box turtles in the fall. You and Dad and I can exchange turtle egg tales when you get back, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Popcorn champ! Really looks like your having a ball. Keep on having fun you only live once. I miss you much. Love you, be good and enjoy.


















    k

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bella! I hope you’re feeling better! I know sharing is caring, but try to keep the germs to yourself! I’m sorry you didn’t get to share you’re dance moves, but I can’t wait to hear about snorkeling and turtles!! Have fun. I miss you LOTS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where's that swimming hole, that's a fabulous swimming hole. I know you had a great time, tell everyone I said hello. Take good care of yourself and I hope everyone is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Belzie - glad you’re feeling better. Did you hit the woah? Sounds like you guys all had another good day. Glad the trip is going well. Miss you 😘 Dad

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jake
    Have a great time today exploring the Caribbean coast. We hope you are feeling 100%!
    Give us an update on what you see and do...we love hearing from you. It's rainy in CT today....and as you know....in so many ways...."nothing changes here" :)
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi clay, I loved your account of the community service as well as the what sounds to be incredible fiesta and dance celebration! the people In Costa Rica sound unbelievably welcoming and kind! Sorry to hear you got a bit teary thinking you may not see them again but....never say never! SOOOO glad you're having such n awesome time Clay! Mimo and Papito left you a message above - Mimo loves the tomato plants you gave her for her organic garden! Read her note under June 18th entries - she can't get onto the blog to leave you messages unfortunately because of the safari browser issue but I can copy a message to her email if you leave one she'd be thrilled to hear from you! BTW, I saw Samantha Rosenfeld today and she is really excited about attending Wat next year! Keep enjoying every second of your special trip Clay!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3, The New Location

Experiences by Kids, Beach Patrol

Day 2 Experiences by the Kids