Experiences By the Kids Day 6, Chocolate, Surfing and Ready for Turtles

Quincy: 

Hey Ma, Hey Dad. Today was a great day filled with water. We first went to a cocao farm where we saw many things and I took great pictures we also made chocolate not the ones in the store it was bitter but it was ok. After that we went swimming in a waterfall and it was great. I got Weeeettt and just sent it when I was there I had a great time swimming near the waterfall and in the fresh and nice temperature water. After that we went surfing and that’s where things didn’t go so well I feel off the board many times but I didn’t quite and actually rode one wave. Even though surfing icent my sport we both know it’s football and basketball I had a lot of fun. We then had lunch and walked around the town and came back to our hotel and just showered and got ready because tonight where watching sea turtles and walking along the beach. I love you guys and I’ll talk to you later.

 

 

Jake: 

Hola mom, hola dad, today we participated in a variety of water activities. Those included, swimming near a waterfall, surfing, and sea turtles. The first part of the day ewe went to a cacao farm extremely similar to the one that we visited in Ecuador. We made chocolate just like the kind we had before, and I was used to the taste so the bitterness didn’t really affect me much. Once we combined it with sugar, which makes everything taste better, we poured it into a cup and made a different form of hot chocolate. It wasn’t the same but it was quite good. We then swam near a waterfall which was beautiful yet intense because water was spraying into your eyes. After that we did surfing. This was intense yet extraordinarily fun and tiring. I even was able to ride one wave which was nice. You guys would have thought it was fun. We had lunch, then went back to the hotel to relax and get ready to see sea turtles, while walking around the beach. I wish you could be here looking at turtles mom, because I know you LOVE them. I love you guys and I will see you later!!

 

Walker

I learned how to surf today and I had a great time. Hang ten brah.

 

Forest:

Hi mom! Today we went to a farm where chocolate was made. We were able to see the proses of chocolate and the different fazes. I also was able to try something called “magic fruit.” It made a lime taste sweet! We saw some poison dart frogs as well. After that we went surfing!! The waves were about as tall as I am! I stood up on the board a few times. Overall it was a pretty fun day and I can’t wait to see what happens tomorrow.

 

James:

Hi mom and dad. The first thing that we did today was go to a farm and we saw/ tasted a lot if cool things there. Then we went surfing and that was really fun. Then we had lunch and after we went shopping. I got a little home sick, but I bought a new hat and necklace. Were also about to go looking for turtles on a beach. I love and miss you, bye!

 

 

 

Clay: 

Hey all! Today was another fun day. We had a nice chocolate drink, saw some poison dart frogs, went to a waterfall (I went to the other side of it when I didn’t know that wasn’t allowed oops)tried surfing and failed at surfing. I stood up once then called it quits after that because my neck was killing me. We also walked around town to look for souvenirs we wanted to buy, but because I spent most of my money before that I didn’t get anything. Still cool to walk around though. See you in 4 days!

 

Bella: 

Hi! Today instead of snorkeling we went to a cacao plantation. We got to watch how the cacao is made into little balls for sale. We got to taste the raw cacao and it was soooooo bitter! We later went surfing and I caught a few waves! I stopped early thought because my wrist started to hurt and I got a headache from the mass amount of saltwater that went up my nose. I will give you more details on turtle patrol later. Love you all! Also tells some more fam members to respond to the blog, I would like to hear their comments!

 

Comments

  1. Hi Bella - turtle 🐢 patrol and surfing? What a great day...even with a saltwater nasal wash! Did you try the magic fruit? Sounds great. Can’t wait to see you on Saturday. Love ❤️ Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey James. There's nothing wrong with getting home sick. Shopping also makes me feel better but I hope It's because we got to talk today. I'm so very proud of you. Time goes quickly and your beautiful trip will becoming to an end and you'll be back home before you know it. Continue to take in all the new experiences. You're on a wonderful adventure that's life changing. I loved all the pics with you at the waterfall, making cocoa, surfing, and playing pool. Have fun and enjoy yourself. Love you and miss you greatly, mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey baby boy (Oh....was that embarrassing? (tee hee) I hope you were able to see some baby turtles on your night walk.
    I'm headed up to see Titi & Kenny today, which will be a great distraction. Hopefully Titi can show me how to save and share all the great photos on the app.
    Today is your rafting trip. I can only imagine how pretty your ride will be on the water. You are going to have a blast....can't be worse than Mexico, right?
    Lots of love, enjoy your adventure today, I'll be thinking of you.XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jake. Well, ok....you did it! Surfing! I'm so grateful to whoever took that video of you. So thank them. Did you see it? Pretty impressive. When I showed Amy she said "Omg, is he bad at anything?" Lol. That waterfall looked beautiful, but powerful. I don't think you've ever swam in a waterfall so that must have been very fun and interesting.

    I think you've had more adventure on this trip than we even expected and you are really embracing it. Even a trip to a Costa Rican pediatrician. :) We are proud of you and your willingness to try new things and push out of your comfort zone. Remember...."when was the last time you did something for the first time?" I think it's safe for you to say "Today!" a lot this past week. You are living life fully and fearlessly and we love more than any word could ever capture.

    ps. Dad is mad he hasn't had access to a computer for 3 days to write on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Walker!! Oh my goodness...that video of you surfing is awesome!! Dad and I were to excited and impressed to see you surfing into the shore! That beached vessel near where you guys were surfing kind of gave me the creeps! But it didn’t appear to bother anyone in your group. And the waterfall looked beautiful! We notice that you have a new hat...did you swap with someone? We’re sure that there are hundreds of stories and backstories inside each of the photos we’re seeing and we can’t wait to hear them all! Enjoy the outdoor center!! We love and miss you so much! Can’t wait to hear about rafting! xoxo Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Clay, I owuld have given anything to have been there with all of you to see you try and surf - something I've never tried what a thrill!!! Dad has been in Denver for work all week so he's sad he hasn't been able to partake in the blog but he know how much fun you are having and is so proud of you for going into this new adventure game for anything like you always do! Parker worked out with Josh today and I showed Josh a picture of you standing on the surf board and he was all smiles - he did want to know where your hat was though:-) I assured him that I've seen it in most of the photos thus far! Love you buddy have the best last few days and keep soaking it all up! xoxo Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3, The New Location

Day 2 Experiences by the Kids

Experiences by Kids, Beach Patrol