Experiences by the Kids, Day 6 Rafting and Tarzan Swimg

Day 6 Rafting and Tarzan Swing

 

Bella: So yesterday we drove to the Pacuare Outdoor Center! When we arrived there was a truck waiting for us to take us slowly down a long winding trail to rafting. Once we got down the trail there was two rafts. One was flipped over and had our lunch set up on it. I had half of a cheese and cucumber sandwich. I thought I would hate rafting but I actually had a lot of fun! We splashed water on the other boat and it was hilarious. After that we went on the Tarzan swing which was terrifying! You dropped for about a second and for once I actually screamed! We then hung out at the center and played cards. I will talk to you soon, Love you! 

 

James Hi mom and dad. We rent rafting and it was my first time. I was in a boat with Miss Picard, Miss Pelkey, Quincy, Walker and one of our tour guides. So far that was my favorite day of the trip. Also where staying in this cool semi outdoor place and it’s really nice. Right now as I’m writing there are only a few days until we come back home and I can’t wait to see you guys. I love and really miss you. Bye!

Quincy:

Hola Mother and Father!! Yesterday we traveled to the POC center in the rainforest. We we arrived we had lunch and learned how to raft. I learned that rafting isn’t easy at all there is many things about it. In the raft I was in I was in the front I got wet a lot but it was worth it. After rafting we dried off a little and made our way to the Tarzan and I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t sacred. Even though I was I still did and had tons of fun. Were going zip ling again today and I will tell you all about it. Talk to you later and Love you both bye.

 

Clay: Hey all! Yesterday we drove to the place Tom owns, and it’s great! When we got there we went white water rafting, which was really fun and we’ll do that again Friday! After we got to the Center, we went on the Tarzan Swing, which was also fun (for most of us anyway)! Then I crashed in a hammock, played some card games, had dinner, and went to sleep. We’re gonna go on a long hike soon, so I’ll tell you how it went after. Bye! 

 

Walker

Today after we rafted, we hiked up to the POCenter where we did the Tarzan swing. It was like the zipline. At the zipline I hated the heights, and didn’t feel like I had total control over the thingy on the line. I didn’t do the zipline because I knew I’d hate it. But at the Tarzan swing, I knew I wouldn’t like it, but I wanted to try it anyway. Yep, I didn’t like it.

 

Forest:

Hi mom! Yesterday we traveled to the POC. We got here by raft! The rapids were really fun to go on, bumping us around in the boat. We had to paddle to traverse the rocks and position our-self so we could safely go down the rapids. We did this for about an hour and a bit until we arrived at the stopping point to get to the POC. We hiked up the mountain for about 15 minutes to get to where the POC was located and talked a bit about the place itself. After that we did the Tarzan swing. The Tarzan swing was really exhilarating to say the least. You got strapped up into a harness and then had to jump off of a platform. You then got flung over 180 degrees from where you started until you swung at a slower pace so you could get pulled in and back to the safety of the ground. When I first jumped off, it felt like my stomach did a backflip, threw up and then fell out. Once you reached about 90 degrees you were stretched out and just trying to stay sitting up. Then you would get to 180 degrees and say, “why am I still going.” And then after that you would stat your decent, kicking the plants under you. I think the scariest part of this was having to jump off yourself. Its like your jumping to your own death and get saved at the last moment. They also had something that they had to pull a lever to release so the string that would allow you to stay in the air would slowly pull you upward. This was so you didn’t hit the ground immediately. But if someone said the word to make them pull that lever (Puerta) they would pull it and you would be dragged behind it live a flailing little animal or something. I’m just glad that I survived the Tarzan Swing. I think that this was the most courageous thing I have done all trip! (Plus I got some GoPro footage!) Love you and miss you!!

 

Jake: 

Whasssup mals and doc, yesterday we traveled to the Pacuare Outdoor Center! The first long part of the day was travel, and then the second was rafting to where we were staying. After traveling we arrived at a little trail, and there were two rafts, that kind of looked like the kind on water amusement rides. Before that we had a really good lunch with sandwiches and fruit. We separated into two teams, learned some instructions, and got in the water. The rapids were rough in some places, and less than others, but it was definitely either my first or second favorite thing we did on this trip so far, second to zip lining. We arrived at the hotel then did the Tarzan swing. The Tarzan swing was amazing, and it felt scary as you plummeted at first but then was thrill-filling. It lasted a few minutes for each person. The day was filled with happiness and excitement and I love you guys and miss you.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3, The New Location

Experiences by Kids, Beach Patrol

Day 2 Experiences by the Kids